Cities that Shaped Europe: Rome, Paris & London
IMPORTANT: If you are 14 years old or younger at the time of your GLA program, then you will be required to travel as an unaccompanied minor. Read about these specific airline policies here.
- Fly into Rome, Italy (Fiumicino International Airport, airport code: FCO)
- Arrive between 10:00 (10am) and 18:00 (6pm) on the date your program starts
- Please note that you will commonly depart 1 day prior to arrive on your program start date.
- Fly out of the airport in London, United Kingdom (London Heathrow Airport, airport code: LHR)
- Arrive between 7:00 (7am) and 13:00 (1pm) on the day your program begins
The suggested route - usually the most direct, least number of stops, and always leaving from a US gateway airport. Often times, multiple students from the same program will be on this flight, simply because it is a popular route to take. We cannot guarantee that other students will be on this flight, but very often, there are. You do not have to take the suggested route, it is just one option. You may take any flight you wish that falls within the flight parameters above.
- Delta Airlines - New York (JFK) to Rome (FCO)
- Delta Airlines - London Heathrow (LHR) to New York (JFK)
- Delta Airlines - Los Angeles (LAX) to Rome (FCO)
- Delta Airlines - London Heathrow (LHR) to New York (JFK) to Los Angeles (LAX)
Suggested Route for Unaccompanied Minors
Recommended Travel Agency Partner
If you are looking for some guidance in booking flights, GLA has partnered with StudentUniverse in order to simplify the process. Regardless of how you plan on booking your flights, we recommend you speak with our travel agency partner first to ensure that you are getting the best deal and that you are booking the correct itinerary per GLA requirements and airline policy.
- CALL: 888-963-7087
- EMAIL: GLA@STUDENTUNIVERSE.COM
- ONLINE: Click Here ** If you are interested in a Delta, KLM or Air France flight, please call or email StudentUniverse.
- HOURS: Monday to Friday 9:00 (9:00am) to 18:00 (6pm) EST **Closed on weekends.
- SERVICE FEES: Online Bookings USD$7, Bookings made over the phone or via email USD$30
Please do NOT book your flight until your Travel Coordinator has given you the go ahead! This will come either in the email titled, "Welcome Aboard! Save this Email!" or in a subsequent email.