The Initiative for Children
IMPORTANT: Please be advised that United Airlines is now requiring that travelers who are 15 years old or younger travel as Unaccompanied Minors. You can read more about their specific policies here.
- Fly into and out of Jaipur, India (Jaipur International Airport, airport code: JAI)
- Arrive any time on the day your program begins
- Depart any time on the day your program ends
The suggested route - usually the most direct, with the least number of stops, always leaves from a US gateway airport. Often times, multiple students from the same program will be on this flight, simply because it is a popular route to take. We cannot guarantee that other students will be on this flight, but very often, there are. You do not have to take the suggested route, it is just one option. You may take any flight you wish that falls within the flight parameters above.
- Lufthansa Airlines - New York (JFK) to Jaipur (JAI)
- Lufthansa Airlines - Jaipur (JAI) to New York (JFK)
- Lufthansa - Los Angeles (LAX) to Jaipur (JAI)
- Lufthansa - Jaipur (JAI) to Los Angeles (LAX)
Suggested Route for Unaccompanied Minors
- Unaccompanied minors are able to travel on both of these options through Lufthansa Airlines. Read more about unaccompanied minors here.
Recommended Travel Agency Partner
If you are looking for some guidance in booking flights, GLA has partnered with STA Travel in order to simplify the process. Regardless of how you plan on booking your flights, we recommend you speak with our travel agency partner first to ensure that you are getting the best deal and that you are booking the correct itinerary per GLA requirements and airline policy.
STA Travel - Work with a live agent. Submit an online form with your contact information to get started using STA Travel. After this form is completed, a live agent will reach out to you within 48 hours with flight options.
Please do NOT book your flight until your Travel Coordinator has given you the go ahead! This will come either in the email titled, "Welcome Aboard! Save this Email!" or in a subsequent email.