Children's Education Adventure
IMPORTANT: If you are 14 years old or younger at the time of your GLA program, then you will be required to travel as an unaccompanied minor. Read about these specific airline policies here.
- Fly into and out of the airport in Kilimanjaro, Tanzania (Kilimanjaro International Airport, airport code: JRO)
- Arrive between 10:00 (10am) and 22:00 (10pm) on the day your program begins
- Depart between 10:00 (10am) and 22:00 (10pm) on the day your program ends
The suggested route - usually the most direct, least number of stops, and always leaving from a US gateway airport. Often times, multiple students from the same program will be on this flight, simply because it is a popular route to take. We cannot guarantee that other students will be on this flight, but very often, there are. You do not have to take the suggested route, it is just one option. You may take any flight you wish that falls within the flight parameters above.
- Qatar Airways - New York (JFK) to Doha (DOH) to Kilimanjaro (JRO)
- Qatar Airways - Kilimanjaro (JRO) to Doha (DOH) to New York (JFK)
Suggested Route for Unaccompanied Minors
- Unaccompanied minors are able to travel on this option through Qatar Airways. Read more about unaccompanied minors here.
Recommended Travel Agency Partner
If you are looking for some guidance in booking flights, GLA has partnered with STA Travel in order to simplify the process. Regardless of how you plan on booking your flights, we recommend you speak with our travel agency partner first to ensure that you are getting the best deal and that you are booking the correct itinerary per GLA requirements and airline policy.
STA Travel - Work with a live agent. Submit an online form with your contact information to get started using STA Travel. After this form is completed, a live agent will reach out to you within 48 hours with flight options.
Please do NOT book your flight until your Travel Coordinator has given you the go ahead! This will come either in the email titled, "Welcome Aboard! Save this Email!" or in a subsequent email.